Tuesday, June 7, 2011

K-100 Relay...maybe?

Hi folks,

The 25th Annual Kananaskis 100 Mile Relay is on Saturday, June 25th.  I'm running with my old firm again, and the team captain has asked me to solicit interest in anyone who might be willing to put his or her name forward as a back-up runner.

That is, he's got exactly a full complement of runners right now, but between now and race day---and, I pause to note, of the four times I've done this race, it's happened every...single...year---somebody is bound to drop out.

Notwithstanding it's only a running race, it's one of my favorite events of the year.  The leg distances are between 9.4 and 18.6k, two of which are on trails, and some of which are (much) hillier than others.  The race begins in the town of Longview, and ends at Nakiska.  All of the legs are quite scenic (and if the current weather trend continues, who knows, there might still be snow or freezing rain around Highwood Pass!  FABULOUS!  *barf*).

The team will have a support vehicle, which obviates the need for those annoying fuel belts.  If you run one of the later legs, there's a band and a barbecue at the end of the day.  I figure I'll throw my bike in my car and, after my leg is done, do a ride somewhere around Longview or Turner Valley or something.

Here is a link to the course and leg descriptions.

So, if the prospect of maybe racing on June 25th doesn't impede your training schedule, and you would like to put yourself down as (i) a definite alternate, or (ii) potentially-interested-so-give-me-a-call-if-you're-stuck, then send me an e-mail to aristotle_sarantis @ hotmail dot com.

Best,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment